Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ear Infections & Peaches

Good god I'm tired of ear infections!  Emma has had one for 6 weeks now, it just moves from the left to the right then both and now again on the left.  Luckily for us she's a good baby and doesn't fuss too much she just doesn't sleep all that well and tosses and turns and cries out in her room (probably still asleep) all night. I'm such a light sleeper that every time she makes a sound I'm up so no one is getting any sleep but Ash who could sleep though fireworks going off in the back yard! 


On the brighter side, last night we canned 3 batches of peach jam, 1 plain boring peach, 1 spiced peach with cinnamon, ginger and clove and a little chili pepper (trust me, it's yummy), and 1 infused with thyme and finished with balsamic vinegar. My favorite is the thyme and balsamic it sounds crazy but it is sooooo amazingly good.  We were so tired last night from canning we had jam and bread for dinner and I could have eaten the whole jar.  Now I just gotta figure out how much of everything I put in it so I can replicate it...... I have another box of peaches and a bowl full of chopped peaches for jam so tomorrow is going to be very busy.

No comments: