Sunday, February 13, 2011

One step closer to transfer

We are getting so close to our IVF transfer!  We spoke with the IF's (Intended Fathers) today and got the A-OK regarding the ED (Egg Donor).  They will be flying into Connecticut from London on this coming Thursday, ED will fly in on Friday and hopefully on Saturday or Sunday she will get her trigger shot to ready her for the egg retrieval.  That means that we should be flying in either on the day of retrieval or the day after.  The guys are worried about the weather getting bad and us not being able to fly into NYC so we're keeping a close eye out and on the first sign of snow they want us to fly out just to be safe.   Ash is starting to get a little nervous, it's all getting to be so real.  This time next week we will be getting ready to fly across the country and implant 2 embryos into my beautiful wife's body. In 2 weeks time we'll be home sitting on pins and needles waiting until she goes for her beta's or we break down and poas.  Ash doesn't want to because she's afraid of it being negative and knowing that before the IF's. They are such great guys, I really hope this first time is the charm but 60% isn't all that fabulous. I guess we'll just have to wait and see and hope and pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you're so close. It's really amazing what you're doing. I'd love to learn more about how you decided to be surrogates. Have you written about the decision anywhere?