Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New Christmas Ornament

My beautiful wife gave me the most amazing ornament this year (I know it's a little early). She gave it to me yesterday and as I put it on the tree she said, "Now it's like Matt (My Marine son) will be with us this year". The picture isn't very good, but the detail on this is amazing, right down to the little buttons going down his uniform sleeves.  She had it made for me by a person on etsy.  I love how thoughtful my wife is.  I'm so lucky to have her in my life.  She supports every decision I make, even if it's the wrong decision! She takes such good care of me and always has. Since my son has deployed, I really have been lets say.... difficult to be around and Ashley just lets me be however I need to be at that moment.  If it's so upset that I can't do anything but cry she holds me, when I'm so frustrated and mean she suggests a hot bath to relax me, when I'm depressed and sad she gets me out of the house any way she can and gets my mind off Afghanistan.  I've never been with anyone that i felt so secure with that I could really let myself go and be vulnerable. I am truly blessed. 

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! Your wife sounds incredibly sweet! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and even better new year! ICLW #110

Jeff Patterson said...

Hello! I found your blog through ICLW. This was such a nice post. Reading about your wife and that bond you have is very inspiring; it just makes me smile. I wish you all - you, your wife, your little one and your military man - all the best. =)