Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quick Update on my Marine

I spoke with my son Matthew just moments ago!  He's doing well, says it's very cold but he's got some hand warmers.  He's safe for now, getting ready for a new mission where he'll be out in the field and away from phone contact for the next month or 2.  I can't imagine 2 months without hearing his voice. He hasn't received any of the packages that have been sent yet from me only a couple from his wife. Now he won't get those until he's done with this mission :( I guess he'll get Christmas really late!  I don't think my homemade fudge is going to stay fresh that long damn it. Hopefully the rest will be fine.  I don't know how much more of this I can take, I need this deployment over with, I'm not cut out to be the mother of a Marine. 

If any of you readers would like to know of  a great organization that helps send goodies to all our soldiers you can look up Operation Adopt a Ghost on FB (her website is under construction) this lady is amazing in the way he gives to our troops.  Another one is www.anysoldier.com but check out adopt a ghost first Linda is amazing and is trying to get my sons platoon adopted out.

6 comments:

MoonNStarMommy said...

I hope and pray your Marine is safe and continues to be through his mission. My cousin and his family are over seas. Though I believe he's in the Air Force.

Happy ICLW from #37 and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Sarah said...

I am saying a little prayer for your marine!!


May he stay safe!!

happy ICLW #50

Anonymous said...

Here from ICLW :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Dr. Butts is actually a woman - I couldn't help wondering if that's her maiden or married name.

I'll be keeping your son (and your whole family) in my prayers. Best wishes to you - enjoy Christmas. :)

Shona said...

Must be hard having your son away for long periods of time. My heart goes out to you. Best wishes for 2011.

paradykes said...

Thank you all for keeping my son in your prayers.

Kim said...

Hi, stopping by for ICLW. Ijust rcently became a civilian wife, after being a Marine wife for nearly all my adult years. I wnt through a deployment with DH #1. It is rough. The not knowing is the worst. Thank you to your son for serving our counry. May he come home safely. ICLW #69