Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting to know me

Braejuma over at http://surromum.blogspot.com/ did this getting to know me questionnaire and I thought it would be fun so here goes..............


Why were you given your particular name? My name is Bobbie, not Roberta, not Barbara, not anything other than Bobbie. I was the 3rd and final child of my parents and all along the Dr told them I was a boy. My fathers name is Robert so I would have been named Robert if I were born a boy. My mom named me Stacy for 3 days and my dad said NO, she's Bobbie so that's what it is.

How many brothers and sisters do you have? I have 2 older sisters, I always wanted a brother though

What is your favorite thing to do? Art

What is your favorite food? This is a hard one as I have many favorites.  I'd say Thai food (green curry, larb, and sticky rice) is my favorite though

What is your favorite book? This is cheesy I know, The bridges of Madison County is my favorite. Actually it's the book on cassette that is my favorite, there is something about the readers voice that calms my soul. I lost my copy in a move and don't have anything to play cassettes on anymore anyways so it saddens me that I can't listen to it.

What is your favorite candy bar? hmmmm it's a Romanian chocolate bar filled with cappuccino cream. I can't remember the brand name but I know it's not exported out of Romania.

What is your favorite cookie? Oatmeal scotchies

What is your favorite sport? To watch: Anything one of my kids would play To play: none, I'm not a sportsy kinda dyke.

What is your favorite kind of music? I really don't have a favorite but I can tell you I don't like screamo!

What is your favorite song? American Soldier by Toby Keith because my son is a United States Marine who is deployed to Afghanistan. I support my son 10000%, he is doing his job, what I don't support is the war and our leaders that keep putting us in these situations. We have terrorism and poverty right here in the USA Mr President (I don't blame Obama for the middle east, he's just stuck with other presidents choices), our American people are dieing everyday from hunger and organized terrorists (gangs), our budgets are stretched to the limits yet we still have the ability to enter into wars that we have no need to be in. Our military is policing drug runners in Afghanistan so is this a war on terrorism or a drawn out war on drugs? Wow, I got off topic. Bottom line is, I just want my son to come home.

What do you want to be when you grow up? I had a great career many years ago. I was in HR and loved it. I did get burned out and worn out and now I do some sales but I mostly stay home and take care of Emma. I love being a stay at home momma.

What place you would like to know about? Italy

What place would you like to visit? I have many places I'd like to visit. I spent a couple years in Romania and I'd love to take Ash and Emma there.  It's actually where I'd love to retire if only my kids would go with me. I'd love to spend time in the English countryside. I'd love to spend a week in silence at an ashram in India.

What is your favorite thing about yourself? I'm a listener and a natural caregiver.

Do you like to sing? Yes all the time   Do you like to dance? Sometimes, depends on the moment.

Do you like to play a musical instrument? I don't play any instruments but I would have loved to learn
What musical instruments can you play? None

What is your favorite type of art? I don't have a favorite. I love all forms of art.

Have you ever seen a Broadway musical? Do you like theater? I've never seen a Broadway musical but I would love to. I love theater.

Do you like building things? Ummm do cakes count?  Last year Ash and I built raised planting beds for our garden. This year we're hoping to build a couple more.

What would you like to learn about cars? Ummmm nothing! I can put gas in, oil in, change a tire (only if i have to) and that's all I ever want to know.

What would you like to teach others about? Hypno Birthing, it was amazing to see Ash go into self hypnosis while she was in labor with Emma.

How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you? I have no idea

In five years, what kind of person will you be? I hope in 5 years I'm the same person I am today. Maybe just a little wiser.

What do you want to be doing in ten years? Loving my family.

When you have an hour of free time, what do you like to do? Art

What is the strangest food you ever ate? Brains, it was the most horrible experience with food I've had so far in my life and I've eaten some weird stuff.

Whats the craziest thing you have ever done? Got on a plane and flew 7000 miles to meet someone from the Internet. It was an amazing 2 years.

Whats your favorite cereal? Coco Pebbles

Whats your favorite color? Yellow

What is your zodiac? Leo and very much so!

Are you an outdoorsy person? Yes, I grew up camping every weekend in the spring and summer, hunting in the fall, and snowmobiling in the winter.  Ash and I have a small pop up trailer and we try to camp as often as possible.

If you could choose any time to live in, when would it be? Honestly, present time. I am happier now than I've ever been so I don't want to change this for anything.

Do you have any pets? No, I'm really not a pet person.

1 comment:

braejuma said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing! And the shout out! lol